Some people may be hesitant to buy car insurance online. There could be various reasons why they choose the traditional method of getting car insurance. One factor could be trust in a conventional insurer that provides offline plans. Another factor can be that a person feels uneasy about making an online purchase.
However, it has become very simple to buy car insurance online. If you are still deciding whether to buy your car insurance policy online, consider the following benefits:
- Possibility to compare multiple policies: Buying car insurance offline can take a lot of effort. The first step is to contact the insurance company or an insurance agent via phone or personal visit. Then, either purchase the policy on offer or repeat the first step with another insurance company or another agent. In this situation, comparing various policies and services can be time-consuming.
However, purchasing car insurance online eliminates the need for manual comparison. One can simply visit the website of any insurance provider and compare the policies available to look for the best car insurance policy. Remember that comparison is the key to locating the best available policy, e.g., by using the Bajaj Allianz car insurance premium calculator, one can easily compare policies and premiums. This helps to choose the most suitable and budget-friendly policy. *
- Little to no paperwork required: When you buy a policy online, you are asked just basic questions about yourself and your car. You can choose the coverage you want for your car from suggestions based on the answers to these questions. Suppose you are renewing your policy on time or are about to purchase a new policy. In that case, you can get your car insurance with minimal-to-no paperwork. *
- Convenient: Because of the internet, you can purchase a product such as a car insurance anytime and from any location. You can buy an insurance policy at midnight from the comfort of your home and have a seamless experience. The Bajaj Allianz car insurance app, for e.g., allows you to do this. It is convenient and can be browsed anytime to buy or renew policies or to get any other relevant info. *
- Instant policies: Purchasing car insurance the traditional way takes time. After finalizing the policy and payment of the premium, you have to wait for the policy to be approved. When your application is approved, a policy will be generated, and then a hard copy will be mailed to you. Purchasing a policy online, on the other hand, provides access to instant policies. *
- Easier to assess the insurer’s credibility: When purchasing car insurance, you must do so from a reputable insurance company. The benefits of doing so online are numerous. One advantage is that you can go through genuine reviews posted by people on the services they use. This helps in identifying and validating credible companies. This will ensure a smooth process when it comes to filing claims. *
- Genuine policies: Contrary to popular belief, buying car insurance online provides genuine policies if purchased from reputable insurance companies. These policies are 100% legal. The process of obtaining approval from the IRDAI for both online and offline policies is similar. You can visit the official website of IRDAI for further details. *
- Does not need the expertise of an agent: The need for a car insurance agent arises only when you are unfamiliar with the plans. However, when purchasing a policy online, you can access a vast amount of information. As a result, an agent is no longer required. *
* Standard T&C Apply
Having understood the advantages of buying insurance from an app, should make online policy-buying a preferred mode for you to purchase your next policy or renew the existing one.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.